Friday, August 10, 2012

Join Me On A Journey

                There is a first time for everything and this is the first time for me speaking through a blog!  But I am excited as this offers a great option to keep in touch with you as I make my way around the country.
            Just to offer a quick introduction, or perhaps update, this year, Woodlake United Methodist Church and I have received a grant from the Lilly Foundation to take a three month sabbatical journey.  For the next six weeks, I will be circumnavigating the United States, stopping in multiple cities throughout the country to listen to stories of lives that have been changed by the power of Christ.  For so many years, we have been listening to all the stories of struggle around the United Methodist Church.  I will be headed around the nation with the conviction that Christ is not finished with this church yet!  There are still multitudes of people whose lives are being changed every day despite the negative headlines about our church.
            So, I hope that throughout these weeks, you will join me as we meet these people.  From Atlanta, to Jacksonville Florida, El Paso Texas, Seattle Washington, Sheridan Wyoming, Detroit Michigan, and New York City to name just a few, we are going to be meeting all sorts of folks from different backgrounds, but folks who share a common theme; a life that has been changed in a powerful way by Jesus Christ through my local church.  

Pete heading off on his journey!

            I hope and pray that this blog will help us to meet all these folks as God carries us together to share these great stories of hope.  I'll talk to you on the road...until then!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Pete,
    Have a great trip. Stay in touch. That's a nice-looking truck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip! Godpspeed!
    Laanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you on this wonderful journey. I just loved the Children's sermon and the book "The Places You Will Go" Keep all of those gifts handy.
    Kathy Moore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe trip my friend! I'm looking forward to hearing the great stories that I know are waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete