Friday, January 11, 2013

This week in worship, I will be beginning a new sermon series entitled "Lessons From the Road".  For the next five weeks, we will be traveling around the country together, listening to stories from folks all around this nation.  Together, we will journey to Conyers, Georgia, Jacksonville, Florida, Shreveport, Louisiana, the West Coast, Detroit, and New York City.  Each location will offer what I am calling a "lesson from the road".  The lesson will be based on a Scripture and will be something that I pray all of us can take home.

This weekend, we will be traveling to Conyers, a town outside Atlanta Georgia.  This was a remarkable visit, and I met incredible folks.  One by one, they told me their story and I was impressed by the way a consistent theme ran through all of them.  Simply said, each one of these persons were loved by the folks in this church.  Some were deailng with alcohol, others struggling marriages.  But many instances, simple acts of love changed their lives.  Those seemingly simple acts of love literally brought them into the kingdom of God. 

To be sure, love is the central building block in this kingdom and we will be talking more about this.  But at the same time, sometimes we make this love very complicated.  Together on Sunday, we will be speaking to how sometimes, the simplest things, offered to another, can make all the difference. 

I hope you will come and join us as we begin this journey.  Please join me in praying that all these "Lessons From the Road" will be encouraging and inspirational for all of us as they have been for me! 

See you in worship!
Pastor Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment